Counseling & College Guidance
- Drop-in hours before school, at lunch and after school
Garces Athletic Documents for Academics
Athletic Transcript Release Form
Memorandum of Understanding- NCAA Athletic Tracking
College Application Resources
Below are resources for the Class of 2021. Everything is here for you to start. Here you will find information about your class size, school code, a-g classes for reporting to the UC/CSU, letter of recommendations, community college information, and money for college.
Items You'll Need to Fill Out Your Application
- Class of 2021 Application Overview
- Navigate through the UC, CSU, Common Application here. This document breaks down the different applications and access information about the Class of 2021 that you will need for most college applications.
- 'a-g Approved List of Classes
- This list of classes will be used for your UC & CSU application ONLY. Courses listed on this document will be recorded for your UC & CSU 'a-g' GPA. Doorways Website
- Password Log Sheet
- Use this PDF to log the different college websites and passwords you will be using.
Money for College
Scholarships for the Class of 2021 will be pushed out through Naviance. Students will receive emails when scholarships become available. Please make sure you are checking your email.
Important 4 Year College Links
Important 2 Year College Links
- Bakersfield College Application
- Find a California Community College
- Transfer Information 2 Year to 4 Year College/University
The Garces Counseling Department will hold a Bakersfield College Application Workshop later in the 2020-2021 school year. Information will be sent out via Naviance & Instagram @GarcesCounseling .
Meet Your Counselors
Each student at Garces is assigned a counselor to help navigate the difficulties of high school and pave the way to graduation. Counseling assignments are based on grade and last name.
Counselor, 9th-12th M-Z (last names)
Office Hours: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
Phone Ext: 174
Asst. Principal of Academic Affairs
(Grades 9-12, A-L)
Office Hours: 7:30 am - 3:30 pm
Phone Ext: 158