Since 1947, Garces Memorial High School has provided a top-quality Catholic education to Kern County students. During this time, it has been the school’s commitment to keep tuition reasonable while maintaining a standard of excellence.
100% of Garces Students Recieve Financial Aid
The tuition at Garces Memorial High School is set each spring by the Board of Directors. Tuition for the 2019-2020 academic year is $11,351 for Catholic families (with information filled out on tuition contract to apply for Catholic rate) and $11,731 for all other families other than Foreign students. The rate for Foreign Exchange Students is $16,500. The first tuition payment is due July 1 of each year. Garces Memorial High School offers four payment plans: Plan 1 - Payment in Full; Plan 2 - Payments each Semester; Plan 3 - Payments each Quarter; and Plan 4 - Payments each Month (for eleven months).
Garces Memorial is committed to offering every student in Kern County the opportunity to receive a Catholic education. For this reason, the Garces Financial Aid program was established. Garces Memorial High School provides financial assistance to those families who demonstrate financial need. Financial aid information for the 2019-2020 academic year is available in the Main Office and on the Garces website. Financial aid applications are due March 15, 2019. After March 16th, applications are evaluated on a first come-first served basis and there is no guarantee there will be funding available. Please apply immediately if you require tuition assistance for the 2019-2020 school year. If you currently receive financial aid at Garces, you must reapply.
Apply for financial aid at https://smartaidforparents.com
All families who feel they may qualify for need-based financial aid are encouraged to complete the application process. The size of the financial aid award will depend on the level of demonstrated need. No student will receive the full amount of tuition in financial aid.
1. Completed Garces Memorial Request for Tuition Assistance form mailed to Garces.
2. Completed Student Aid Form with required documentation filed directly with Smart Aid.
Completed applications for Financial Aid must be submitted by March 15, 2019 for consideration by the committee. Late applications will only be considered if there are funds available. There is a $35 application fee payable directly to Smart Aid when filing the application. Please note that incomplete applications and missing documentation will result in a delay in processing by Smart Aid which may affect the ability of the committee to award aid. No individual will be considered for financial aid unless they have completed and submitted all forms and the required paperwork.
Steps To Apply For Financial Aid
1. Print out the Garces Request for Tuition Assistance form found on the link below. Complete the application including the Statement of Financial Need. Submit completed form to the Garces Memorial Business Office by March 15, 2019. A copy of this form is also available at the front desk.
2. Complete the Smart Aid Student Aid Form and submit it directly to Smart Aid along with the required documentation and filing fee. This process may only be completed online as follows:
Smart Aid Application Information
1. Review Student Aid Form and gather required documentation.
2. Scan or save all information to your computer.
3. Go to the Smart Aid website at https://smartaidforparents.com and follow the instructions. The Garces Memorial High School ID code is 11927.
For additional information and assistance, visit the Smart Aid website or contact them at (800) 360-8027 or you may contact Mrs. Lee or Miss Harper at 661-327-2578 for additional help. Garces uses Smart Aid to assist in determining appropriate levels of financial aid. Applications submitted after the deadline will be reviewed on a first come-first served basis.
Financial Aid Awards Process
The Garces Financial Aid Committee evaluates each applicant’s demonstrated need, the recommendation of Private School Aid Service, and the student’s academic record. Award letters, stating the amount of financial aid granted, are mailed in mid to late April. Included in the letter is information about the Garces Work Program for families who utilize the financial aid program. Awards must be accepted or denied May 16th. Financial aid is deducted from the total amount of tuition due. Monthly payments are reduced by the amount of aid given.