Counseling & College Guidance
In House Registration is February 25th, February 26th, February 28th, and March 1st for the 2019-2018 School Year
Overview of the Registration Process (9th-11th grades)
- Counselors present in English Classes
- Review course offerings, graduation requirements, college requirements, etc…
- Each student receives a Course Request
- Inputs desired courses in Net Classroom
- Pick up any AP/Honors Applications, if needed
- Department Chair Reviews Applications
- Counselor reviews course selection 1:1 when student submits Course Request
All Registration forms for the 2019-2020 school year are due to your students counselor no later than Friday, March 8th.
Honors/Advanced Placement/Elective* Contracts are due to the Department Chair no later than Friday, March 8th.
Questions? Contact your students school counselor.
- Individual counseling to address problems of a personal or specific nature
- Drop-in hours before school, at munch, lunch and after school
- Parent conferences and referral resources
- Crisis intervention counseling
- Academic Counseling Services
General Academic Counseling
- Graduation requirements
- Standardized testing on National Testing Day
Collaboration with certified personnel to provided educational assessments when needed
- Individualized College Counseling with parents & students 11th & 12th grade
- Monthly Collaboration with the Counselors (geared towards 10th grade parents & students to start thinking about college)
- Research strategies for college requirements and programs
- A-G requirements
- College, university and trade/technical school visits
- Scholarships and financial aid
- College Application workshops
- Naviance Online System
Interpreting Your PSAT Score Result's
Garces Counselor, Mrs. Denise Limi does a great job of giving a clear and concise explanation on the importance of your child’s scores in regard to SAT preparation and college admissions. She also addresses the importance of registering for both the SAT and ACT. This video will teach you how to read your student's PSAT score report, as well as other useful information such as how to register for the SAT and ACT. Thank you for watching.