Employment Opportunities at Garces
Working at Garces Memorial High School
Thank you for your interest in Garces Memorial High School! Garces Memorial High School is a Catholic, co-educational college preparatory high school in Bakersfield, California. Bakersfield is located in the heart of the Central Valley. Our school educates youth to fulfill the mission of Christ by developing students spiritually, academically and socially. We are looking for passionate teachers and staff members to help us continue our mission. Apply today and join the Garces tradition! Go Rams!
To apply, please follow the instructions on the job listings below. If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Myka Peck, Principal.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL OF ACADEMICS AFFAIRS
OVERVIEW OF POSITION
A member of the administration who serves at the discretion of Principal and employs, supervises, and promotes the professional development of faculty and academic staff personnel. The Assistant Principal of Academics organizes and implements the professional program, curriculum programs, and academic progress. The Assistant Principal of Academics reports directly to the Principal and may be appointed as Principal in case the Principal is not available.
- Supports and upholds the philosophy of Catholic education and the mission of the school.
- Collaborate with the Principal to hire, supervise, and promote the professional development of faculty and academic staff personnel.
- Confer regularly with the Director of Guidance and Counseling regarding college planning and career awareness programs, counseling programs, scholarship programs, parent information nights, and student course registration.
- Assist the Principal with all academic, counseling, and support staff duties and areas of responsibilities.
- Determine teacher schedules and assign faculty duties.
- Devise, implement, and monitor all 21st century and other academic programs and to monitor compliance of all academic and school policies.
- Manage and supervise the Director of Counseling.
- Collaborate and assist with the Director of Technology to monitor administrative technology programs, and coordinate faculty technology training
- Meet and consult with instructors in matters of curriculum, assessments, and methodology.
- Collect, analyze, and interpret standardized assessment and achievement data to inform instruction and form the basis for data driven decision-making.
- Monitor, develop, and implement academic remediation programs for struggling students.
- Be available for teacher/parent/student conferences especially in the areas of academic and counseling when an appeal is made.
- Approve proposed academic programs for professional growth of the teaching staff.
- Collaborate with the Principal and Dean of Students regarding the dismissal of a student for academic reasons.
- Serve as Chair of the Academic Counsel.
- Supervise and observe teachers in classroom instruction through classroom visitation and teacher conferences.
- Conduct formal evaluations of faculty members no later than March 15th of each school year.
- AP Coordinator
- Supports implementation of STAR, and IXL Programs
- Manages and oversees the faculty for updating of the booklist and providing access to the book company.
- Oversees and monitors the Title Funding Programs
- Facilitate the orientation of new faculty members.
- Supervises and monitors budgets for the Academic Council and Director of Counseling.
- Collaborates with the Director of Counseling in creating the Master Schedule.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assists the Principal in recruiting applicants for teaching openings.
- Coordinates with Administrative Team to develop student/parent and faculty handbook in accordance with Diocesan guidelines.
- Assists the Principal as assigned in completing and submitting all official forms required by the Diocesan of Catholic Schools office.
- Demonstrates professionalism in conduct, demeanor, and work habits.
- Maintains a work schedule that maximizes availability to the school, students, and staff.
- Knowledge of the basic teachings of the Catholic Church
- Knowledge of child development, learning, and behavior
- Able to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
- Able to work well with others in a school community
- Skill in handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Skill in critical thinking and planning
Requirements / Qualifications
- Masters in Curriculum or Administrative Services Credential (preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience
- Teachers Application
- Letter of Introduction
Please the information above to Ms. Myka Peck
Position is open until filled.
The Chief Business Officer (CBO) is responsible for fulfilling the mission of Garces Memorial High School (Garces) through the direction of management in areas of Leadership and Vision, Institutional Planning and Development and Financial Leadership and Management. Along with the Principal, the CBO oversees Marketing and Public Relations as well as Admissions and Technology.
- Bachelor's Degree, MBA preferred
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible fundraising experience and a proven record of successful cultivation and solicitation of gifts, specifically in independent school fundraising.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of all areas of fundraising, with a particular emphasis on major gift acquisition.
- Proven track record in planning and achieving short- and long-term goals and creating a plan outlining activity.
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills, tact, and diplomacy with the ability to develop and maintain cooperative and successful working relationships with volunteers, staff and all donors; ability to serve as a team player and leader.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively about engaging donors, and to develop plans of action and follow through.
- Ability to inspire and motivate volunteers and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Political, analytical, and negotiation Sound judgement and superior problem-solving ability. Integrity and fiscal accountability.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Must be willing and available to work evenings and weekends according to the event-related scheduling.
- Experience working with donor management and data management systems preferred.
- Accepts additional responsibilities and duties as directed by the Board of Directors and the Diocese of Fresno.
- Understanding of the Catholic faith and of Catholic schools necessary.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit electronically in one email and as separate documents (preferably PDFs) the following materials.
- A cover letter expressing their interest in the position.
- A current resume
- A one-page statement of leadership and management philosophy and practice
- A list of five (5) professional references with name, phone number, and email address of each (references will not be contacted without the candidate's permission)
Please submit all the materials to email@example.com
|Candidates must hold a BA in a field relevant to education and a passing score on the CBEST exam.|
Minimum of 3 years of experience in high school setting (preferred)
Applications and resumes are currently being accepted and will be reviewed immediately.
Position is open until filled.
Submit resume and employment application via email to Ms. Myka Peck, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org