The Garces Parent Club
Our Mission Statement:
"The Garces Parent Club provides volunteer support to the school community through social, academic, faith, and enrichment activities. We provide social opportunities for Garces parents to form friendships and build a strong community. We are proud of the support we provide and of our ability to work together with the Garces Catholic faculty, families, and students."
The Garces Parent Club will meet monthly in the chapel on the following evenings during the 2016-2017 school year:
- Wednesday, November 2nd
- Wednesday, December 7th
- Wednesday, January 18th
- Wednesday, February 8th
- Wednesday, March 8th
- Wednesday, April 5th
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM - Social
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM - Meeting/Guest Speaker
President: Michelle Pisano
Vice President: Gina Fanucchi
Treasurer: Carrie Cinquemani
Outreach/Sonshine Committee Coordinator: Marcie Soper
The Parent Club has the following committees available for our parents to join. You can opt to be involved in one activity or several. Our goal is to have our parents help out where they want so that it is a great experience for all.
1. Faith Formation
- will work closely with Campus Ministry and assist with decorating the chapel, special guest speakers, Rosarys, Adoration, mission trips, special Masses, etc.. We have some sub-committees already established:
- Adoration - Adoration will be in the chapel one Wednesday a month following school Mass. We will need parents volunteers to sit in the chapel for an hour or more from 12 noon - 4 PM.
- Step-Up Mass - parent volunteers to help decorate the chapel and provide refreshments.
- Christmas Mass - parent volunteers to help Campus Ministry with the night time Family Christmas Mass.
- will assist with Catholic Schools Week, Parent Socials, Back to School Night, Freshman Orientation, and Graduation Activities.
- will help out families in need - whether is due to the loss of a loved one, an illness, surgery, etc. - by providing a meal or transportation or another need.
4. Parent to Parent
- will assist with creating a New Parent/Incoming Freshman Parent Guide, tutor resources, list of Garces things to know, identifying talents and skills that parents can bring to Garces, etc.
5. Teacher Appreciation
- will bring a treat to the teachers on a monthly basis, Back to School Lunch, End of Year Appreciation Activity, etc.
Membership in the Garces Parent Club is $20.00. All Garces Parents are encouraged to join. The $20.00 membership fee includes:
- Parent Student School Directory
- Garces Travel Mug
The funds raised by the Parent Club will be used to support the teachers and the students during the school year.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org